Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I Can't Think of a Good Zellers Pun

Well, I didn't get a job at Chapters (damn) but I got a job at Zellers (*shrug*). It seems OK and all, but I don't plan on staying too long past Christmas for a multitude of reasons. One is that if everything works out I'll be teaching English in Japan for most of 2007. Hopefully things will go well with NOVA on Sept. 30th and there'll be a place for me in NOVA. I imagine that if it does go well with NOVA, I'd be heading for Japan sometime between November and January (I checked January off in my application so hopefully that will affect things). The other thing is that while it certainly isn't bad work, it's just something I'm not as interested in sticking with for a prolonged period of time. If things don't work out this time around with NOVA, then I plan on trying again and moving out of my parents apartment. I don't have a specific plan yet but I just want to get some independence in my life and get out of my rut. Maybe into a new rut. Hopefully, if NOVA doesn't work out this time around I'll be able to get some more substantial work with the English Language Programme beyond what I'm doing now (which is nice, it's only about an hour and fifteen minutes a day, on days that I work). OK, that's really more like a few reasons rather than a multitude. Still, it isn't bad work so far.

My work with ELP is really nice (and rewarding) so far, but it doesn't require too much work and I'm really hoping to do more there. Basically what I'm taking part in is recreational activities for the studentsYesterday, I gave a small tour of the UNB/STU campus to some students and today I played cards and some board games with an older Korean woman. Interestingly, it took a lot longer to grow board with War than I thought she would but she really enjoyed Go Fish (which she pronounced as Go Fishy). We also played Boggle and Snakes and Ladders. A good time was had by all.

That's all I can really think of writing about for now... yep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

May be this is off topic, your thoughts about Japan have hurt me to the quick. It is my dream to go there... Oh, I love its culture so much! I hope one day I will have become rich and go there with my hubby :)