Thursday, February 22, 2007

Phoning It In

Yep, it's a terrible post title all right, but appropriate, since I have very little too say.

I got a cell phone recently. Now I don't really like cell phones as it is, but I figured I pretty much had to get a phone while I'm here and everyone in Japan has a cell phone so....

Unfortunately, it turns out my phone has no bi-lingual option and changing the phone is a huge expensive chore. Frankly, the only thing I really wanted the phone for was the camera and now I don't know how to use it. Goddammit! *sigh*

I'm also starting to get a little bummed out, seeing as I have no friends here and there isn't much to do. I don't have a lot of money to spend right now, so I got to think about how to eat economically until the next payday and I'm still waiting for my comics to get to me.

So not much happening right now, but I thought you'd like the update.

2 comments:

Jordan said...

everyone in Japan has a cell phone so....
You know, everyone in Japan has a DS too, if recent sales figures are any indication. I'm just saying... *wink* It is region-free, so you could use it to play English games.

Also, did you know that they still make cameras that aren't also cell phones? :-P

Stefan Robak said...

What a strange world we live in. Next paycheck I'll either get a DS (as a treat) or take a ski trip, depending on how the weather is in March. Looks like an early Spring is headed for Hokkaido and I'll miss my chance at skiing.

Of course, with English games, I have no idea how common they are in Japan.

As for cameras that aren't cell phones, I'm trying to be thrifty until the real money comes in (the first pay was for, like small handful of workdays. I have to make $400 bucks last a month.

By the way, I might have an amusing post on Saturday if I can figure the camera's cell phone out. It's something I've been waiting a long time to take a photo of.w